Weekend at the Heia Safari Lodge

On Thursday afternoon we received notice from the body corp. that we will not have water the whole day on Saturday. Friday morning Mr LoverOfThings says, why not go away for the weekend. That meant I had to find a place to accommodate our family of 3, to no protest I got on it :). Within minutes of the search I was already getting anxious as it seemed everywhere I checked was fully booked. I think by now my good friend Mrs N saw her friend was not coping, it was already afternoon and I still had not find a place. She came to  my rescue when she came across this place Heia Safari Lodge. Update the name has changed from Heia Safari Ranch to Cradle Moon Lakeside

Oh! It turned out to be such a great weekend, as most unplanned events turn to be :). This was the view from our chalet 

Our Chalet is right opposite the dam so when we got there Friday night I thought to myself how the heck are we gonna sleep with all this frog noise and to my surprise we slept very well, uhm well until  the early hours wake up call. I think it was just before 6 am when I heard this really load sound that I couldn't associate with anything I've heard. It turned out to be 2 hot air balloons 1 of the exciting activities available at the lodge
Our chalet from the outside and Oh, that's Mr LoverOfThings Swaggering his stuff :) 
While enjoying the pool we had a few visitors...
You might know recently there was a lot of hype about the fossil skeleton of Homo Naledi found in my country (South Africa), so it was no surprise while in the neighborhood we decided to visit Maropeng where Homo Naledi's fossil was being exhibitted. As I've mentioned before Maropeng is in the same neighborhood (Cradle Of Human Kind), however a trip that should have taken us 39 minutes it actually took us 3 hours to get there lol I know right. Yes that's a story for another time  though ;)

Before living the lodge we decided to go for a walk
Great fun was once again had :). What have you been up to lately.

 Love Joy Happiness all I'm living for :)